Here are some of the research/teaching-adjacent activities I’ve been working on recently:
- DREAMS Program – Co-organizer, with Drs. Alexander Diaz-Lopez and Nathan Corwin
- Mathematical communities (new math major first year seminar)
- Faculty advisor for Villanova AWM Student Chapter
- Math Circles: I facilitated a meeting of the Philadelphia Area Math Teachers’ Circle and wrote an article about it in the MTCircular Newsletter (the Winter/Spring 2016 issue). The problem is about counting the number of pancake flips to rearrange a stack.
- I am the co-founder (with Beth Malmskog) of the Graterford Math Circle, a math circle for adults at the State Correctional Institute at Graterford (now SCI Phoenix). We started the math circle in January of 2016, and it runs most semesters.
- Villanova Presidential Scholarship Committee – CLAS (Sciences)
- Mastery-based testing project: I worked with some NExT colleagues on the implementation of mastery-based testing in undergraduate math courses. We have a blog with more details here: https://mbtmath.wordpress.com/
- I am an MAA Project NExT fellow (2014-2015 cohort)