My research is on applications of discrete math, most often in the realm of coding theory. My PhD research was completed under the supervision of Dr. Christine Kelley at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln in 2014.
In 2016 I received a Villanova University Summer Grant to support my research.
I have also worked on the following projects with Villanova Master’s Students:
- Sally (Robertson) Ahrens: Enumerating tilings, summer 2016
- Justin O’Pella: Locally recoverable codes from planar graphs, 2018-2019
- K. Haymaker and J. O’Pella. LRCs from Planar Graphs, submitted.
- A. Beemer, K. Haymaker, C.A. Kelley. Absorbing sets of codes from finite geometries. Cryptography and Communications, to appear 2019.
- B. Malmskog, K. Haymaker. What (Quilting) Circles can be Squared? Mathematics Magazine, June 2019.
- K. Haymaker, B. Malmskog, G. Matthews, Locally Recoverable Codes with Availability t>=2 from Fiber Products of Curves. Advances in Mathematics of Communications, 2018.
- C. Meyer, K. Haymaker, and C.A. Kelley. Coding for multilevel and partial erasure channels. Advances in Mathematics of Communications, 2018.
- K. Haymaker. Absorbing set analysis of codes from affine planes. Lecture Notes in Computer Science book series, Springer, 2017.
- A. Barg, K. Haymaker, E. Howe, G. Matthews, A. Varilly-Alvarado. Locally recoverable codes from algebraic curves and surfaces. Proceedings of the 2016 IPAM Workshop on Algebraic Geometry for Cryptography and Coding Theory, 2017.
- K. Haymaker, S. Robertson. Counting Colorful Tilings of Rectangular Arrays. Journal of Integer Sequences, 2017.
- N. A. Corwin and K. Haymaker. Graph groups that are subgroups of Thompson’s group V . International Journal of Algebra and Computation, 2016.
- K. Haymaker and C.A. Kelley. Structured bit-interleaved LDPC codes for MLC flash memory. IEEE Journal on Selected Areas of Communications (JSAC), Special Issue on Communication Methodologies for the Next-Generation Storage Systems, 2014.
- K. Haymaker and C.A. Kelley. Covering codes for multilevel flash memories. Proceedings of the Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems, and Computing, 2012.
- K. Haymaker and C.A. Kelley. Geometric WOM codes and coding strategies for multilevel Flash memories. Designs, Codes and Cryptography, 2012.
- K. Haymaker and C.A. Kelley. Coding strategies for reliable storage in multilevel flash memories. In Proceedings of the International Castle Meeting on Coding Theory and Applications (3ICMCTA), Cardona, Spain, 2011.